Why October? It gives us a bit more time to think about Fedora.next and actually work on it as there are changes planned that needs time to settle down. Also we will get back to May/October release dates and it allows us to sync with a few prominent upstreams (and get out of sync with other top upstreams probably ;-). At least for now :).
Current Fedora 21:
- Tue 2014-04-08 Change Proposals Submission Deadline
- Tue 2014-07-08 Change Proposals Freeze (Testable|Complete) - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-07-08 Branch Fedora 21 from Rawhide - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-07-22 Alpha Change Deadline - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-08-05 Alpha Release Public Availability - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-08-26 Accepted Changes 100% Complete Deadline - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-08-26 Beta Change Deadline - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-09-09 Beta Release Public Availability - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-09-30 Final Change Deadline - no earlier than
- Tue 2014-10-14 Final Release Public Availability (GA) - no earlier than
One more thing - this is friendly reminder that Change Proposals Submission Deadline is coming pretty soon (three weeks now), so make sure to propose your changes as soon as possible to avoid long queues waiting for FESCo decision (and killing me with wrangling everything day before deadline ;-). Thanks a lot!